Monday, December 12, 2016

J O H N 14:27

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

HEY!!!!*
Hope it was a great week for ya, we had another great one here. 
Students are busy busy working on finals, so it was a little bit slower, 
but we had some of the coolest opportunities still. 

A highlight of the week was our Zone Conference in Fishers!! We packed up bright and early and drove almost 2 hours back to my old stomping grounds. It's always so fun to visit. We had the coolest opportunity to have Elder Dyches of the Seventy with us. We got to shake his hand and hear trainings from him. I got the coolest opportunity to be chosen to have an interview with him after the conference and I can tell you that I know he is inspired and called of God. It was one of the most amazing moments to sit across from him and feel of the strong spirit that he has about him. At the end of the interview, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I explained how wonderful I thought it was to have chosen disciples of Christ here on the earth receiving revelation for our world, so I asked, "What do you have to tell the world?" He very humbly took out his notes and continued to read to me some counsel that he received in a training from President Monson, President Eyring, and President Uchtdorf. I can hardly explain the strong spirit that I felt in my heart and I KNEW at that moment that it was from God, speaking through His chosen prophet and apostles on the earth today. I am SO grateful that I had that opportunity: something that I will remember forever.

My Cute Little Zone...Pres. & Sis. Carlson...Elder & Sis. Dyches

As we met with "M1" this week, we weren't quite sure what to teach him. He's been taught so much and shown great progress, but he's been hesitant to commit to a baptismal date. We prepared some ideas of what we could teach, but we really just wanted to go by the spirit and teach to his deeper need that we haven't known about. He showed up and actually did have a question for us about the Priesthood. We explained it and had a great conversation about how prophets are called and chosen and it was so cool to be able to resolve some questions/concerns he had by the spirit. 

"M2" is doing amaaaaazing. A while ago, he dropped us because of some anti that he had heard. Well a few weeks ago, we felt prompted to meet again, we cleared up some of the anti that he's heard, and he's been doing awesome ever since. In fact, he's really grasped the concept of the restoration and the Priesthood and has really seen the importance of it. Last week we invited him to pray about a baptismal date and this week we decided on January 28. He was so excited and in the closing prayer, he thanked Heavenly Father for his "date for His blessing". Even anti can't bring this work down...it's the Lord's work, and it will always work out, no matter what adversity comes.

Last night we went Christmas Caroling at the hospital with Elder Wright and Elder Holle and it was one of the most touching things to be apart of. One sweet lady just had her leg amputated unexpectedly and got teary eyed telling us about it. You could tell that she had a lot on her plate and a lot weighing on her. The spirit was very strong as we sang Silent Night to her and she was so grateful. The spirit works in many ways :) Such a fun night.

Love you guys!! Hope you have a great week! xoxo

Love, Sister Burgon*

Dinner at the Foster's 
So much to say...so little time today!!!!
Catch y'all next week!!!