Monday, December 19, 2016

SEESTER ESKIMOS

HELLO!!!! 
IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!*

Sorry, longer letter this week because I left out some preeetttttyyyy sweet stuff last week because we were so short on time:)

Finals week has come and gone and students were busier than ever. When we were working on campus I found myself expecting that this week would be slower with finding and teaching because students are so busy with it being finals week. But of course, the Lords says, "Not even finals week will get in the way of my work." We were able to find the most amazing, miraculous, and prepared people and I was so amazed. Heavenly Father taught me again, "My darling daughter...where is your faith"...or at least that's what I felt at least. I think that's a lesson He will always remind me again and again...TRUST. When he has pulled through so many times, I am grateful that he is so patient to remind me again and again that we are in His hands. And then I came across the most amazing scripture in my studies. Mormon 8:22....Finals and Christmas break got nothin on us :)
"For the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on, until all his promises shall be fulfilled."
GUYS..Miracles come from Church Attendance. Last week we ran into our investigator, "D", and her friend, "A'i", while shopping at Walgreen's. We had invited "D" to church the day before, so we asked if she was planning on coming and invited "A'i" to come too! They both agreed and then came together on Sunday. Church went well and we were so happy they came. Then we got a text from "A'i" on Tuesday asking where she could buy a Book of Mormon. She said she wanted it to be her early Christmas gift to herself and to God. She also said that she was inspired from church to strengthen her faith and get her life back on track with God. WHAT??:):):) AHH we were so excited...so we brought her a Book of Mormon and she took notes and marked it up the whole lesson. By the end of our discussion, the spirit was so strong and we were prompted to extend the invitation to them to be baptized. They BOTH accepted a baptismal date for February 12th. There is p o w e r  at church. My testimony has been strengthened by this so much lately....especially becaussseeee...

...remember how I got the opportunity to be interviewed by Elder Dyches last week? I wanted to tell you about the counsel he gave me from the First Presidency...I was short on time last week...but this is worth sharing:) He explained that President Monson is really emphasizing church attendance. How cool is that? I heard it, and then experienced it first hand for myself and saw it in "D" and "A'i" too. I invite you to go to church this week...and if you already do, try your hardest to make it a special testimony-building experience. The sacrament has been the most rewarding thing to me lately because of this. I can testify to what President Monson said is TRUE. Church is aammmaaazing. 

Imma keep rambling about church....SO for the month of December...we have toured local churches and attended a service each Sunday in addition to ours. It has been the coolest thing to see how they worship. There are so many similarities to what we believe and their love for God and Christ is amazing. They are always so kind and welcoming to us as we come and we even got a shout-out from the pulpit yesterday haha. By going to these, my testimony of the restored gospel has just sky-rocketed. I know it is the missing piece...the answers to all the questions out there that go un-answered. You can just feel a difference when you walk into our church. I AM SO GRATEFUL. I just wanted to teach them all....if they love God that much...just imagine how much more is in store for them with the restored gospel...and that's why I'm here. Too. Cool. :)


We got to go on exchanges this week which was so much fun!!! I love doing those....it was also FREEEEZING, so we had fun bundling up haha. We also got creative with our finding this week. There is a piano on campus in the commons so Arlen, a YSA in our ward, came out and played the piano for us while we sang. People gathered around and listened and we talked to them once we were done singing and got their numbers haha HOLLA! 

Merry CHRISTmas!! It truly is the most wonderful, glorious, amazing, awesome time of the year! Sending my love from Indiana! I KNOW that Christ lived, still lives, and is my Savior, Redeemer and best friend. I am grateful for Him beyond words. He is our gift! D&C 76:22-24
 "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God."
xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*

PIX:
Ward Christmas Party...Santa even showed up

NOT gonna be sitting on your lap this year Santa...
hopefully a handshake still works the magic....
however warm coal to burn sounds delightful this year!!!

The District at Christmas

ALL READY FOR CHRISTMAS...
The Stalkings are hung....

The hall's are decked....

The Tree is trimmed...

Can't wait to SKYPE!!!*
See y'all on Christmas Morning!!!!
*
Love you!
*