Monday, March 7, 2016

TRIO'S, TRAINING, & TENDER MERCIES

Howdy Folks!!

Welcome to the selfie club Sister Hamilton!

What a great week! It was so fun to hear from you! Thanks again for all the support...it means the WORLD. 

Ok this week was craaaaaazyyy! It started bright and early Tuesday morning...4:45a to see Sister Holt leave. It was so sad...we love our Sister Holt. But our trio this week was way too fun! Covering both our area and their area was insane! I loved being able to see more of Indy though...it's beautiful! 

Goodbye S. Holt!!!
For S. Holt...because she has a thing for elephants....We LOVE You!!!!

We also had specialized training this week which I loved. It was also really fun to be in a trio for it. Between District Meeting, Specialized training, and being in a trio....I think my mind is going to explode from everything I've learned this week. haha I love it. It was also really cool to see everyone I came out with from the MTC. T'was a great day! 

Specialized Training

But the day didn't end there...remember the cute lady from last week who came with her friend and went to Gospel Essentials class and committed to pray, "I"…The one who basically set up her own return appointment? Well we had our lesson with her this week and holy moly batman....Church is True. We were talking about prayer and the feelings of the spirit. She kept saying how much she wants to really know that God is there and wants to feel the spirit. Sister Hamilton was awesome...she said that if we exercised the faith right then and knelt down and prayed...God would answer her. So you best believe we knelt down right there and asked God. She said the prayer and when it became quiet during the middle of her prayer I looked up at her and she was crying and her hand was on her heart. Her prayer changed and she started thanking Heavenly Father for letting her know He was there. We were all in tears...it was such a tender moment. The spirit was CRAZY strong. We told her about how she could have this feeling with her all the time through baptism....Sooooo she is now ON DATE! AH I’m so excited for her! She is so excited to learn and grow. We said a bajillion thank you prayers after her lesson was done! :)

Then “L” the sweet recent convert who has been struggling progressed so much this week! We asked our Stake Mission leader to come with us to her next lesson so he did. We weren't able to talk to him about our lesson plans very much before, but he ended up sharing the ssaaammmeee exact things we had planned. It was truly amazing. His testimony added so much. He wasn't afraid to confront her about reading anti, and it resolved a lot. He shared some personal experiences that she could really relate too and she was also in tears. It was an amazing moment...I think she really felt the spirit. She's baaaaaack!! Slowly but surely...she's getting better!! She shared her testimony and we are really proud of her for not giving up. Doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith right?

Tracting Moment of the Week: There is a term here in Indiana..."Hooziering"....defined as: when someone rambles on and on and on and on and on and on about who knows what for who knows how long....it's wonderful. It happened a few times this week! hahaha We love Indiana People. 

I think that's about it for the week! Just a ton of tender mercies and miracles....everyday. It's truly amazing. This week was a huge testimony builder of prayer. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father...I KNOW He answers our prayers! President Cleveland invited us to give one prayer a day out loud...it's crazy what a difference it makes.

Alma 37:37 "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good." 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK
Heavenly Father is there and He loves YOU!
Love, Sister Burgon*

PS...transfer news this week: I'm staying with Sister Perkins and the elders:) (shocker right hehe...ahhh I love it) Also...Fun p-day adventure pictures :) enjoy hehehehe


My run in with the law...
EXCUSE ME...Mr. Officer...I DON'T THINK SO!!!! 
sir...ma'am......I have a message for you....

kissing...ummmm....I don't think so!!! And Mr. Officer...

Let me help you with that...

I've got something better for you to read sir...sir...

Where did you come from? Why are you here? Where are you going? What is the purpose of life? 
WELLLL...Let me tell you...


Sister's by Chance...Friends by Choice


Love, Sister Burgon