Monday, September 5, 2016

COME WHAT MAY & LOVE IT

Hello errybudy! :)
Happy September! Hope you all had a super week!! 

We had another great one this week! It started with transfers which I had to say bye to my sweet Sister Stucki! :( I sure love her! <3 And I said hello to my cute new companion, Sister Ben. She is from Colorado, has been out for 13 months, and is Navajo. She's wonderful :) I LOVE being able to see everyone at transfers. The friendships that you make on missions are just the best. It was fun to be back in the city for a little bit too! And....we got a van...and it's red...we all love it haha


We definitely saw some cool miracles this week. We were able to teach a ton of people that we found last week and I think we were lead to some pretty solid people. It will be fun to see how they progress and grow. There's one in particular, his name is "A". We met him on campus and he told us that he had actually found a Book of Mormon in a thrift store and read the whole thing when he was in 6th grade. He said that he's actually been wanting to reread it and apply it to his life and that he's also searching for a path for himself. We met with him this week and taught him what the Book of Mormon was, and how it came to be, and how to apply it to himself. He was super interested and is excited to learn more. When we showed up to the appointment, he was reading the Book of Mormon while waiting for us. I'm so excited about him! I can't wait to feel the spirit of the Book of Mormon and feel the impact that it has on his life.

We met with "H" this week and taught him about tithing/ fasting/ and fast offerings. We made fake money and taught him how to sort out 10% for tithing. He filled out the slip and on the front of the envelope wrote, "To God and Jeses" haha it was adorable. And such a great reminder that we are showing Heavenly Father our love by giving back just a little bit. "H" really is doing so well, he's getting excited about his baptism...and so are we :) 

"A" is doing amaaaazing as well! He showed up to the lesson this week just beaming. We asked why he was so happy and he said that he didn't know. After talking with him, he said that he's been studying his scriptures intensely this week, and we told him that his happiness is definitely coming from the spirit that has been with him, and from the power that comes from searching the scriptures. I lovveeee that such happiness can come from immersing ourselves in the Gospel. 


Also a quick funny story...campus brings many mighty funny interactions with people...and this one was a good one...so I will share. We met a dude and got talking to him...about Jesus of course...and in the middle he stops and asks..."I know this is a long shot but wanna go to dinner with me?" hahaha ha ha hmm... funny! Never a dull moment here.

This week I was really touched by the scripture 1 Nephi 3:7
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
I know that the Lord prepares a way for us to accomplish everything that he wants us to do. He will assist us and never leave us alone. As one of our awesome YSA said this week, quoting Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come what may, and love it.".  AMEN BROTHA! 

Have an amazing week! 

xoxo, Sister Burgon*

Our Ward Missionaries
Cute S. Ben
Campus
Have a great week...stay "cool boss!"
peace...out