Monday, January 2, 2017

R I G H T T I M E - R I G H T P L A C E

.h a p p y  n e w  y e a r.  

Holy Smokes....is it really 2017? I hope you all had a great New Years.Thanks for all the Christmas wishes, emails, and support. It sure means a lot, I love ya! How was your week this week? It was another good one here in Terredise for us:) 

This week consisted of keeping in contact with our students as much as possible, getting rides from kind, life-saving members, visiting less actives, and many miracles. Heavenly Father has been providing people for us to teach despite not having students, or transportation. Super cool. We visited a sweet less active lady named "J". I love this crazy woman...she calls me, "Tiny". haha We have been visiting her for a while, and this time her cousin was there taking care of her. She was a little closed off at first but once we got talking, she opened up and we had an awesome gospel conversation with her. We asked if we could come back and teach them both and she was actually open to it. We are so excited to be able to teach "J" to help her come back to church, and to teach her cousin too...good potential :)

We also had Specialized Training in Fishers with President and Sister Carlson and the APs. I've been to this training a few times now, so this time I tried to listen a little differently to see what the Holy Ghost was teaching me and what things we could take back to our area to help the work. It's so cool how different things will stand out to you at different stages of life. What a powerful spirit is there when we meet together. Ah I just love it.

OK MIRACLES STORY....probably one of the coolest I've experienced. One day we were walking across town to visit a family that we felt we should see. On the way there we found the cutest family that was out on a walk. We got a return appointment for the next day and when we taught them, it was just so evident that we were in the right place, at the right time. It was amazing-so excited to teach them more. So that was little miracle #1....but then we kept walking. 

I was looking straight ahead and then all of the sudden, my body literally turned up to the walk of a house so I said, "Well I guess we're trying this one". haha Sister Kammerman said that she had felt like we should try that house too so we went right on up. There are no words to describe how perfect this was set up by Heavenly Father. 

At this house was a family of 5 kids and a single mom from Gary, Indiana. They were actually just visiting from Gary for the holidays and they left Yesterday to go back and then they're going to move back to Terre Haute in February. Seriously a miracle that we met them when we did. "Y", the mom, was talking to us and a little bit into the conversation, she opened up about the hard times that her family is going through. I said to her, "Well we are servants of the Lord, so how can we serve you today?" Her voice got shaky and she said, "We are out of food. I don't know what to do. I was looking for a pawn shop to sell my Christmas gifts so we could get food. I don't know what to do." We told her that we could help her get some food. And she literally broke down bawling. As she cried she kept saying over and over, "Thank you Jesus! thank you Lord." "Praise Jesus!" "Thank you! thank you! thank you!". We sang "A Child's Prayer" to her, and asked her to pray and flip open the Book of Mormon while we were gone. 

Gods love disguised as a few groceries
So then we left and walked to find a grocery store. We came upon a dollar store and had fun buying groceries. FEELING SO MUCH LOVE WHEN YOU SERVE. We hiked back with the groceries and delivered them to "Y". She was overjoyed and so grateful and even came across the coolest scripture in the Book of Mormon while we were gone. She said that when we left, she asked her kids, "Do you know who they were? Those were angels, angels of God." hahaha she's too kind really...but it IS amazing how Heavenly Father uses us as His hands. I felt very honored and humbled to be there to help her and her kids at that time. 

The next day, we went back and taught the entire family (except one daughter) the Restoration. They all were EXTREMELY thoughtful the entire time. They asked questions, gave insight and listened. At the end, the 16 year-old son said, "I just want to say thank you for bringing us this message because the story of the 14 year-old boy touched my heart. I've always wanted to hear God's voice, so now he's inspired me to pray harder." They are all reading the Book of Mormon together, and praying as a family about a baptismal date for March. How. cool. is. that. We were honestly...and still are...AMAZED. 

So grateful for this Gospel. A few of our investigators have got hit hard with Anti-Mormon views so we've been praying and searching how to help them and learning as much as we can. I just know with all my heart that this is the church of Jesus Christ. I know it was restored through Joseph Smith, a prophet called of God. I am so grateful to have it here today. What a blessing it is to be apart of. I will be forever be in awe of it. Helaman 5:12
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundationthat when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty stormshall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is sure foundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Hope you have the best week ever!! Love you guys!
xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*

Pix:
GOT TO SEE  H A M I L T O N  BDE
THE MORNING WORKOUT CREW
WALKING and bonus......
GET TO SEE BEAUTY!!!!!
NEW YEARS GOT US LIKE....
2 Second Party...on the Balcony...with the Elders
hahaha 
Happy 2017 y'all!!!!
Can't wait to SEE
what the New Year brings!!!


I'll keep you posted...
Check back next Monday
for an update!!!*