Monday, February 13, 2017

RESTORATION IN REVERSE

wus up my homies! 

Hope this week was great for you! We had an awesome one here, and very suspenseful...I swear the week before transfer calls is so intense. So we found out that I will be leaving and going to ANOTHER campus as a Sister Training Leader (STL). I am so so so excited especially because I get to be comps with Sister Griffiths who I came out with - and she is amazing. It's crazy to leave after 7 1/2 months of being here...its truly become Terre Home:) Sister Kammerman is staying and is going to be TRAINING a new missionary. Awe - our family is gettin'
 so big:')
Waiting for the transfer call be like....

Sure gonna miss my baby!!!!

We had some of those moments this week where you sit back and say I KNOW that that just happened because of the hand of the Lord- they are just my favorite moments. At district meeting, Elder Davies called on Sister Kammerman and I to roll play a BACKWARDS restoration lesson. yup...backwards. It was super fun and it was just another testimony to me that the restoration is 100% TRUE...it even makes sense in reverse:) WELL...later that day we taught a newer investigator, 'S'. And as we talked with her, we both felt prompted to teach her the restoration....but to start with the Book of Mormon, and then prayer, and then Joseph Smith...and guess what....We taught it backwards:) haha If we taught it forwards, I don't think it would have meant as much to her....but by starting at the end....it addressed her need and it was sooooo cool to see:)
We got to see 'J' again this week who was excited to tell us that he received an answer to his prayers and he knows that the Book of Mormon is true!!! We are super pumped :) I love that it came in such a still, small, yet powerful way! He said it just made sense in his mind and he felt it was right while he was reading it:) YAY!
Amazing how the restoration was such a focus this week: hang tight for another cool story...SO we had the opportunity to read Joseph Smith's story from JSH with an investigator who was struggling this week. As we taught, a group next to us was playing a board game, then another group came in and started talking, then a guy came in and started playing the piano and pretty soon, the room was no longer quiet...to say the least :) haha Even though it was loud, as we read about Joseph Smith and his experience- I felt the spirit really powerfully in my heart. It was amazing to have the confirmation in all the noise of the truth. It IS the restored gospel in our lives that gets us through the noise of the world. neato!!:) 
"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." ~1 Nephi 3:7
Love ya! Hope you have a great week! The Lord loves ya:)
Love, Sister Burgon*

Pix: SAYING GOODBYE TO DEAR FRIENDS...























I pass the Terredise baton
to the very capable and wonderful
Sister Kammerman!!!
Love you BB!!!!

See y'all next week from the new campus!!!