Monday, March 13, 2017

SO THAT'S WHY HE WOKE UP....


HELLO FRIENDS!!! 
I have cool stories this week and not so much time...so please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times!!

Remember the guy that woke up after I prayed for him to wake up so we could teach him? GUESS WHAT....we had his return appointment this week and it was not what we were expecting it to be. We got there, had a good talk, the lesson was going decently...and then all of the sudden, out of the blue he says, "Well ya see, I have a problem with a few things." and continued to bring up anti and bash us haha It was actually a very powerful experience as Sister Griffiths and I listened, and then testified. It felt good to know with assurance that this Gospel is true...even though he told me so boldly that it wasn't.

I got to thinking, "Why would Heavenly Father answer my prayer to wake him up, if he knew that he would bash us?" The answer that came to my mind touched me so much!! Heavenly Father answered my prayer not because he knew that guy would be solid, drop everything, and be baptized. He answered my prayer to show ME that He is there, that He cares, and the He is aware of our efforts everyday. He showed me that if it is important to me, it is important to Him too. As funny as the whole experience was and ended up to be- it was one of the most profound and amazing lessons He could have taught me. HE IS THERE AND LOVES YOU I KNOW IT:) 

Also...you know this is the work of the Lord when you: 
  1. find a guy who is stressed for his midterm that he is running late to, and talk to him only to find out he's not super religious
  2. tell him you'll pray for him and hand him a card on his way out the door
  3. pass him later in the day on the escalator as he high-fives you and says, "your prayer worked, my mid-term got rescheduled. That's good enough for me, I Believe!!!"
  4. realize that you are crazy for not turning around and going down backwards on the escalator to catch up with him....so you turn around and go back the civilized way :)
  5. AND FIND HIM MID-CAMPUS ONCE AGAIN and get him to text you
  6. (updates to come...we are meeting with him this week woooooot)
Word of advice: don't forget your phone on exchanges because then you have to be a super old fashioned missionary all day without any technology whatsoever...but it was fun:) 

We also had MLC (missionary leadership council) with Brother Donaldson of the missionary department. He gave the greatest trainings to us that I seriously believe will change the way we do missionary work. It was exactly what we needed for our area and we had the best time. Best part about it? It was so simple. "Where are they at?" That's what we have to ask. Where are you your journey of following the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Are you at Faith? Repentance? Baptism/Sacrament? The Gift of the Holy Ghost? Enduring to the End? :) COOL now work towards the next step:) I love that this is a gospel of progression!!


HIGHLIGHT: We got to go back to Terre Haute for A__'s baptism! It was one of the most powerful experiences! I am sooo happy for her-she was absolutely glowing and she gave the best testimony. It was amazing to see everyone from Terre Haute- it was the warmest welcome. Blessed to have such a great family down there in Terre Home :) 



Love you all! Have a happy week! Thanks for all the love, support and prayers!


Love, Sister Burgon*

Pix:  A___!!!!!!!!, our family photo, me and my girls