Monday, June 12, 2017

REAL GOALS

Sup my homies

I would like to quickly start of by saying....when you pray and fast for work so you can give it your all before you go home and stay focused....THE LORD GIVES YOU WORK LEMME TELL YA. "come home tired".....check :) hahaha ain't it great to be busy in da work. yes, yes it is. WHAT A WEEK!

This week our boys blew us away...It all started off by blitzing Greencastle with Sister Ostermiller. We got to teach their investigator on date, C___. While we were teaching him, a friend watching came over and asked what we were doing. We taught her and she said, "I believe all this is true." and wanted to learn more. woweeeee supa cool!! Then on Wednesday, M_____ WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!!!! I've never seen that kid smile more. On the way there he was talking about "car goals", but then he added, "apart from getting married in the Temple...those are REAL goals." haha Later, he got up to go get baptized and he said, "imma try not to cry" haha Can't really say how proud I am of him, the gospel is great. THEN J______ amazed us by fasting and putting a whole lot of faith into paying tithing. THEN on Sunday, Z___ got up and bore this crazy amazing testimony-his first one-ahhhhhhhhh. And to top it all off, J___ got the Priesthood and a Temple Recommend and my my my.....our boys!!!!!❤



We also got to go to Terre Haute to help Mariah get ready for her WEDDINNNNGGG... yup, we are missionaries, and we got to go to a wedding hahaha t'was fun. And I love my Terre Homies, have I said that before? Cuz I do...can ya tell?:')


In the meantime, C____ surprised and said she is fully ready and planning on getting baptized THIS SATURDAY. So here we go, we're planning a baptism in a week. And my my my is she READY. We taught her tithing and asked, "What do you understand about tithing." and she quickly responded, "oh it's ten percent of your income". (Have we taught this already??? nope....) And she's been reading and LOVING Moses, and wants 'If you could hie to Kolob' sung at her baptism. When I say this girl has been prepared...I can't actually accurately describe HOW prepared she truly is, it's incredible. 

This week, during an amaaaazing lesson about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. A YSA member said, "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is how we access the powers of His Atonement". Isn't that so simply powerful! The greatest thing we could ever imagine, Christ's Atonement, is accessed as we simply yet valiantly LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
"For he did cry from the morningeven until the going down othe sun, exhorting the peoplto believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyedsaying unto them that by faith all things are fulfileWherefore, whoso believeth iGod might with surety hope for better world, yea, even place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faithmaketh an anchor to the soulof men, which would make thesure and steadfast, always abounding in good worksbeing led to glorify God." ~Ether 12:3-4

Love, Sister Burgon*

Pix: we tried, 




 AND FAILED!!!!!!
 SOOOO BACK TO BASICS!!!!!