Monday, June 19, 2017

THE MIRACLES OF WEEK 6

Hey Friends!!!! 
I can't wait to tell you about this week...
hang on tight folks, it's a good one. 

I've noticed that every "week 6" of every transfer 
has so many miracles-cool stuff. 

I got my very last transfer news that I will be 
STAYING here with Sister Gray this transfer WOOOOT. 

I'm so happy and can't wait to work harder than ever:)

Let's start with the Miracle girl!!! This week we met with C____ every single day except for Wednesday! We managed to finish teaching her everything, and she showed up prepared by the Lord each time to hear it, accept it, and live it. (in fact, some things she had decided to live MONTHS ago....) She even has been talking to her coworkers about Christ and they decided to start a bible study! They work for a company called "Cutco", so they named their bible study "Cutco in Christ" hahahaha Her baptism went INCREDIBLE and so smoothly (except she almost had a cold font...silly us...elders to the rescue). J___ gave an incredible talk on Baptism and M_____ said the most heart-felt closing prayer...and you better believe we sang 'If You Could Hie to Kolob' and it was great. Couldn't have been a happier day- she was glowing. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS GOSPEL. Words just can't really do it justice. 


Ok ok ok, so once upon a time we had THEE COOLEST investigator in Terre Haute named, K_______. She was so solid and even came and watched General Conference with us. Well all of the sudden, she completely dropped off the face of the earth. We prayed and prayed and prayed that we'd run into her on campus again and that SOMEHOW we could find her, but eventually we just had to exercise faith that the Lord had a bigger plan for her at a different time. Welllllll while shopping at Walmart on P-day, on our way out, I see this cute girl that looked so familiar...IT WAS K_______!!! I promise this was no coincidence. HOW DID WE END UP AT THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME???? It was meant to be! I'm so grateful! We got to talk and even made plans to meet up again! Stay tuned....good things coming! crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

We got to be in a trio this week...well for a day! Sister Ostermiller was heading home and we got to be the ones to take her to the airport!! She stayed overnight and we stayed up 2 am...because low and behold...she found a bed bug...so we washed ALLLLL of her clothes. hahaha But it was so fun because we got to reminisce about mission memories and it was the best. WELP then we got up at 5 am, and made it to the airport in time, then made it OUT in time to keep our sanity (don't wanna be there yet haha) and have free parking in the economy lot WOO:) I LOVE SISTER OSTERMILLER!! GOOD JOB SISTER WELL DONE!!

I also hit my 17 months...so that was weird. All day long I found little notes written by Sister Gray that said "17 again". She thinks she's funny...and she really is haha I love my companion. It resulted in us having a paper fight, throwing around all the little notes she wrote hahaha good times!

While meeting with C____r this week, he expressed how he feels like he's "higher" spiritually now, more than ever...like he's climbing up to the peak of the mountain. But the higher he climbs, the bigger the drop he sees below him. He expressed his fear about falling harder, now that he's risen so much. We talked about it and came up with the coolest analogy that we are harnessed in with the Gospel, and CHRIST is our tether-man down below us, catching our slack and making it possible that the higher we go, we don't actually have to fall, because HE catches us each time. It was a reaaallyyy powerful thing to think about and I KNOW IT IS TRUE. 
(photo cred...mama borrowed from Google...Thanks Google!)
With a lot of preparation in the works, We finally had Zone Conference this week! It was fantastic! There's a lot of policies that will be enforced in the mission to change the culture and US for the better. We got to give a training on Obedience, Finding, and Diligence. I call it "I Can See Christ in Me". (see my blog for an explanation of the training...attached below) It was one of those moments where the spirit truly reminded me of how incredible this calling is to be a full-time missionary. I love it more than I can say! And as we forget ourselves and Work as Christ, it just gets even better. 

And just so you can have a little laugh today: This week while Street Contacting, Sister Gray and I were asked to "confess to God that we were saved".....before you know it, we were in a prayer circle hand in hand with two ladies from California reciting this....thiingg...telling God that we accept Him and now we are saved.....hahahahaha I'm still confused too :) But hey it's okay...cuz I'm saved 😜

I know God lives, I know this Gospel is true. 
I know you are loved AND YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS TOO (had to make it rhyme ha)

Love, Sister Burgon*

ps....Yummy English Breakfast courtesy of my sweet English Compie Comp!!!!





Here's what we ended up doing for our training!!
"I Can See Christ in Me"
Topic: Obedience, Finding, and Motivation

We started off by having a sister come up to the front of the room and hold this mirror in front of her face. we asked her what she saw...she said "me". Then we asked her to walk around the room to us as we said "okay sister come this way, keep the mirror up, its a hot humid day and you go tracting...who do you see?" she said "me" then Sister Gray would say at the opposite end of the room "ok sister come this way, now you are so so so so tired but you're asked to get up at 6:30, who do you see?" she said "me" then I would say across the room again "okay sister come over here you have a big street with lots of people to talk to, who do you see" she said, "me"....(something along those lines....)

BUT here's the thing....on the back of her mirror that she was holding up the whole time, there was a picture of Christ that all the other sisters in the room could see, but not her. We asked the sisters in the room, "okay but sisters, who do YOU see?" and they all said "Jesus Christ"

....she was super surprised and took the mirror down only to see Christ on the back of the mirror. We talked about how we wear the name of Jesus Christ and literally represent HIM in our areas. And how others around us see Christ as we teach them, find them, and serve them. Its when we are focused on US that we don't want to be obedient, go finding, and be motivated. WE get in the way!! But if we are focused on Christ, and focus on how we represent Christ, we can find the desire to be obedient, go finding, and be motivated.....if all that makes sense:) with preach my gospel quotes, white handbook paragraphs, and this awesome quote from Bruce R McConkie (best "come-mission statement" ever!!!!)

so by the end...instead of having an open mirror for us to see ourselves in, we covered it with a picture of Jesus Christ so that we can see HIM in US too :) 

President said it was "beautiful" hahahhaaha but we're hoping it was inspiring enough for them to have a desire to change:) What do you think? :)