Monday, June 5, 2017

IT'S SIMPLE :]

SUP✌we had a good toasty, sunny, 
humid week this week. 
It was fantastic. 

HAPPY GRADUATION to my brobro Eric and all those that got to wear the fancy caps!!! EXCITING!!!

So we started the week out by going and doing a day tracting in Plainfield. It was super fun to be with Sister Partridge and Collard and knock some doors. Later that day we got to teach C____a  and have a super powerful experience with her. She's so ready guys...It's amazing! We asked her how she's been feeling about her decision to be baptized, and she replied, "I knew I had made the right decision the moment I met you guys". She rushes through work anxious to get home tooooo...not watch netflix, not walk her adorable dog, not to eat....BUT TO READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. She's truly prepared and loving every second of the wonderful gospel.  

M_____ came to his lesson this week and shared an experience of recieving promptings from the Holy Ghost. It's incredible to see this kid just hit the ground running...and we are running after him but can't quite keep up!! He even mentioned that he's thinking about a mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me while I compose myself. WAIT WHATTTTT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😍

C___r  is still doing well and experience more power from the scriptures and from prayer than he ever has before! Along with that, comes Satan and his explosives of doubts. We were able to recognize that he was the source of the distress, and then everything was better again. Interesting how that works right? Once we recognize that there is someone else, who is the author of unhappiness, behind all our unhappiness....the sadness goes away and the spirit swoops in with love and comfort. Gooooooooo spirit!!!!

So, story time, after stake conference yesterday, we had an appointment with a new investigator that we found this week, V______!! We weren't quite sure what to expect, but I know there was no preparation for the lesson we were about to have. We shared the restoration and V______ was in complete shock. She kept saying how she's felt like there's something missing to all the churches she's been to, and she was so amazed that finally someone could tell her that she was right, but that there IS a place that has it all. She kept breathing sighs of relief and getting so excited and was close to tears the whole time. I've never felt the spirit burn so strong in my heart in a lesson before. It was indescribable. It came time to talk about the Book of Mormon and she casually said, "Oh I think I have a copy of that"...she ran into her room and came back with a copy!!!!!!!! She had been given it on campus but didn't have time to learn more about it. SHE WAS AMAZED...And Sister Gray and I almost fell out of our seats. V______ said the closing prayer and just kept thanking and thanking and thanking Heavenly Father for the "warm, happy feeling in her heart." We walked away just completely in awe and had to say many gratitude prayers after that. THAT is the power of the message of the restoration. Why is it so powerful? Because it's true, I know it. 

From Stake Conference, I was reminded of the beauty of how simple the Gospel is. For the most complex of questions and concerns, fall back on the powerful basics and they will get you through. If the gospel is too hard to live and comprehend, then I think we are overcomplicating it. I'm so grateful that Christ taught the simplest of gospels which creates the most powerful happiness. 
"For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. And the Lord is near, and he justifieth me. Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will smite him with the strength of my mouth." ~2 Nephi 7:7-8
xoxo Love, Sister Burgon*
Pix: the crew at MLC...keep an eye on the elders!!!


FLORAL FRIDAY.......errrrrr.........SUNDAY......IF YOU'RE IN A YSA!!!!


when all you can smell is weed........

............get outside!!!!!!!!!


Later potaters!!!!!