Tuesday, May 30, 2017

SHINING THROUGH THE STORM

SO this week was j a m  p a c k e d. Holy cow. 
So much happened. 
SO MUCH YET SO LITTLE TIME TO TYPE. 
SO I will summarize- hang in tight. 

This week we...
  • Went on exchanges with Greencastle sisters!! I was with Sister Ostermiller, who I came out with, and LOVE!!! It was an absolutely inspired exchange and cool things happened the whole entire time. Including teaching Jeffrey and helping him prepare for the Temple!! And a lady approached us who is in-active...and we have all these connections of people we both know, so that was super meant to be and we can't wait to help her more!! never ever ever a dull moment with exchanges:) plus is was a pretty day!
  • C____r actually has been reading the Book of Mormon and absolutely loving it...he's making world's of progress. C____a LOVED being taught the Plan of Salvation and came to church and fit right in. Every single talk and lesson was prepared for her...i promise, and she couldn't be more ready and excited to be baptized:) J______ all the sudden has this HUGE desire to come back to church and go to the Temple, and M___ (a Catholic) prayed and opened up the Book of Mormon in our lesson and got an answer right then and there...whoooaaaa #ChurchIsTrue
  • Took J______ and E____ to the Temple!! It was Jeffrey's very first time and he brought both of his grandparent's names to be baptized for!! There was an especially strong spirit in the Temple this time, it was super touching. J______ said, "there really aren't words to describe what a great experience it was". Amen brotha. This kid is incredible. After the Temple, he hit some MAJOR trials- he could use some extra prayers if you don't mind!!! But he's full of faith and really incredible. 
  • Since we've talked-we've had two pdays, one we went to the Indy 500 practice rounds- WHICH WAS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE MOVIE CARS...I was in a Heaven I didn't know existed before then hahaha...and then the next pday, we went hiking...which is totally in my element so it was just plain wonderful. 
So conclusion? Busy week, lots happened kind-of-week, Great week, Miracles this week, "came home tired" every single day kind-of-week, I love this work kind-of-week, had the most amazing experiences with the Lord strengthening me -kind-of-week. 

And the only way I know how to accuratley describe my gratitude to Heavenly Father for it all and reflect what this week was in a nutshell...is by turning to a scripture: 
"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." ~D&C 84:88
Love, Sister Burgon*

Pix: Indy 500, 



 exchanges with Sista Ostermiller, being goofy with Sista Ostermiller, 



E____ and J______ at the Temple, 


shining through the storm,

p-day hike,



LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE!!!!


I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!