Wednesday, January 20, 2016

AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN AT THE MTC ALLLL THE TIME!!!


Well howdy folks

HOLY COW...I’m an actual missionary...can you believe it?? Best thing in the world...I promise!! This week has been totally insane.... SO much has happened and I've learned a ton!! Funny story...once I got dropped off we wheeled my luggage away and I got led through a bunch of different rooms that had signs saying, "New Missionaries: this way!" One of these rooms had our TAGSSSSS:) The kind lady asked what my name was...I said "Burgon" and she said "Emily?" and I said yes...haha great story right? Well then we pulled it out of the bag and she said, "What language are you speaking?”.... The tag was in some crazy language that made me want to throw up haha turns out there might actually be two Emily Burgon’s in the world.... don’t worry though, we got the right one:) AND WEARING IT IS THE BEST!! I'm an actually missionary and I couldn't be happier!
The District :0)
In the MTC we literally are doing things from before the sun gets up until after the sun sets...you'd think I’d be tired but I’m not! It’s the weirdest thing...I can feel how Heavenly Father is strengthening me and helping me with things I wouldn't normally be able to do. I can't even say how much I've learned...I wish I could share it with you all! The gospel really does bring happiness. I love it so much. We got our investigators and its been going good...a great learning experience for sure. One of them, Jessie, is like the Golden investigator. She accepted our commitment to pray to Heavenly Father with a question and read the Book of Mormon for an answer. And guess what! She did it! And got an answer for herself. Its so motivating...it gets me excited for the field.... which by the way...I already have my travel plans haha. I leave January 25 and I’m soooo excited. Our other investigator isn't as excited about learning and really doesn't seem like he's open to the idea of the gospel. But it’s been a really good thing because not everyone in the field is going to accept our message...so I’m really grateful we've had both experiences to learn from. 
DearElder.com is the BEST!! I love mail!!
Amazing things happen at the MTC allllll the time. It’s truly remarkable to watch.... I can feel the strength that comes from being a missionary. Oh and just so you know...singing the Army of Helaman with a billion missionaries is the best thing in the entire world. We got to hear from Janice Kapp Perry at one of our devotionals this week (which are the best...I LOVE them) and she gave an amazing talk. Okay I want you to picture this in your head...I promise its great. So Sister Perry was talking about how her and her husband met. She said they were in band together in college and he came up to her and said "Those lips look like they were made for much more than playing the clarinet" haha what a dude. Well as she said this to us, her husband walks up to the podium, grabs her face and kisses her! Just imagine the reaction of a ton of missionaries (who can't kiss might I remind you...fresh in the MTC) I've never heard a crowd laugh so hard! It was hilarious. Some elders stood and clapped and everyone was dying...then her husband fist pumps the air and we died even more. Good times. 

Sunday Temple Walk
My companions name is Sister Nuttall and I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She's the sweetest human being. She's from Boise, Idaho and went to BYU. She and I are so different so we have a ton to teach each other. I couldn't ask for a better companion at the MTC. 

Gotta go...
I'm so sorry...I’m totally out of time and I can't figure out how to attach pictures haha but I have a ton and I’ll send them asap. Next time we talk I’ll be in INDYYYYYYYY WOOOOO:) I've learned that Heavenly Father is soooo aware of each and every one of us. Don't hesitate to call out to him in prayer. He will answer you I promise. But sometimes not when you think he will, or want him to. Sometimes it takes the trial of our faith first...I've been studying Alma this week...read Alma 32.... AMAAAAZING! LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for all your support.... it means a ton! Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Burgon*