Monday, February 15, 2016

ONE MONTH OUT....Whaaaaat

Hey everyone!

Hope this week was wonderful for everyone...went by so fast again!! WOW 


Sister Sadie Wells

Just want to give a quick thought about all the crazy things going on lately. My prayers are with the Wells family soooo much. I was so shocked to hear the sad news. As I thought about it, I felt really strongly that Sister Wells didn't get released as a missionary when she left this life. I feel like she accepted the call to serve a mission a whole lot longer than 18 months and I think she's doing great work up there. It amazes me that she taught people every single day about the Plan of Salvation...what a comfort to know that her family WILL see her again. This week I've learned so much about the Atonement too. I'm so grateful for it, and I know that peace and comfort and healing will come from it at this sad time for Sadie's family and friends. I came across a few scriptures this week that really helped me see this even stronger. Mosiah 16:6-9
"And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption. And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

So grateful for God's plan for us. I know he knows each of us individually and has a plan set out for us. 
Resurrected Savior, Jesus Christ

In other news…This week was great! SO crazy...but great! I learned so much this week and my testimony grew stronger. One day we went out and all of our return appointments fell through. That night and the next day, we prayed specifically for 2 new investigators to teach. As we went tracting the next day, within the first 5 doors we knocked on...we found 2 new investigators. WHAT! Prayer is so real. 

I've decided tracting is one of the most eventful things ever. We got done tracting and were heading back to meet the Elders at the car. When we got there, they had a preeeetttyyyy fun story for us. Apparently one guy thought that the elders had a gun so he called the cops on them. Three cop cars pulled up, told them to freeze and put their hands up, and then gave them a pat-down. hahahahahahaha We were laughing at them. Can you picture these innocent elders...."We just want to talk about Jesus!" :) Of course they let them go and wished them a good day hehe:) 

Super grateful for this work and for my Savior Jesus Christ. I have been studying a lot on charity. There's some cool stuff in Moroni 7 I encourage you to read it.

Also just a quick-random quote from Elder Holland that I love. "Satan cannot directly take a life, that is one of many things he cannot do. But apparently his effort to stop the work will be reasonably well served if he can just bind the tongue of the faithful. If that is the case, I am looking for Saints young and old, who care about this battle between good and evil to sign on and speak up.”

I know that it is important to help bring people closer to Jesus Christ every single day. Look for small ways to share that love that the Savior has for everyone, in every way possible...everyday! Just like one of my favorite quotes says, "Share the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words." How great would it be if we could help people feel of God's love for them! And we can! I know that the gospel has helped me in this and it will for you too!
"Lead Kindly Light" by Simon Dewey

Love you all! Thanks for the support and love! Have a fantabulous week:)
Love, Sister Burgon*