Monday, May 9, 2016

BREAK IN'S, EXCHANGES, & BAPTISM DATES!!!


HELLO!! Happy MAY! 

I can't believe it's May already! I'm going to call it Miracle May:) We saw so many miracles this week! I'm so grateful! Also...I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMMM:) Which was wonderful! Happy Mothers Day!

What I saw!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!
What they saw!!! Sure love you guys!!!
Everyone else who was here behind the scenes....The Mother's Day Crew!!!

So along with miracles comes crazy experiences too....This week we were helping a sister in our ward move, and when we showed up and walked inside, a man tried to break into the house! We hid in the back room and I called the cops. They came really quick and helped us figure everything out! Things don't ever happen like this in our area...Poor Sister Luo is going to think she's in Crossroads;) But it was a fun experience...we lived to tell the tale:) To be honest....it was the biggest adrenaline rush...talk about exciting day;) 

One of my favorite things to do is offer service to random people...they seem to never accept it, but this week some awesome things happened from it. We offered to help a lady take some groceries inside and she said she was okay so we walked back to the car and started to drive away. As we passed their house, the dad came to the street and flagged us down. We rolled down the window and he asked, "I was just wondering where I can get more information about your church" haha WHAT? We got out and taught him the restoration and talked to him about our church and he was so interested. He said he wanted to bring his family to church sometime soon and learn more. I'm so excited to meet with him again!! Miracles from offering service...I’m pretty sure that's a real thing:) 

We are working with a cute girl who is being adopted by her aunt and uncle who live in our ward. Her aunt asked us to teach her because she is going to get baptized at the end of this month! I love teaching her because the gospel is so simple to her and so powerful! WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR HER! Her name is Ka*:) 

Another quick miracle moment…We had a lesson scheduled with a guy and we had a member who was going to come to it with us. That morning, the guy cancelled the lesson but I felt like we should still use the member and go visit someone else. M* immediately popped into my head. We visited him and had an AWESOME lesson! He started talking about baptism and how he never had the opportunity to CHOOSE to be baptized for himself. Guess what folks...he's now on date to be baptized in June! I was amazed how Heavenly Father led us to this man who was prepared...even though we didn't plan on seeing him in the first place. I'm so grateful for the spirit to guide and direct us everyday. 

We were also able to go on exchanges with the STLs this week! I LOVE doing this! I learn so much every single time! We were able to see K* again and recommit him to be baptized. He seems much more motivated this time and it helped so much to have my STL there too to offer some incites to him that we had not! Miracle timing:) YAY!

Exchanges with STLs

I am so amazed and so humbled to see what happens when you follow through with even the smallest promptings. I know God has a much bigger plan for us than we have for ourselves. When we follow the spirit, more miracles come than we ever expected.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; 
and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
In all thy ways acknowledge him, 
and he shall direct thy paths." 
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thanks for all the love and support! Have a great week!
xoxo
Love you! Sister Burgon*


More Pix...