Monday, May 2, 2016

NI HAO...SISTER LUO!!!

1st Day Together! I love her soooooo much!!!
Ni Hao :) 

WHAT AN AMAZING WEEK! Wow...I'm blown away. (literally-we have had two tornadoes this week...hahaha...I will explain later) I have felt the strength that comes from your prayers this week so thank you so so so much for praying for the missionaries! 



I GOT MY CUTE TRAINEE! Her name is Sister Luo (pronounced "LOU'awe" rhymes with "YOU....ahhh!" ) and she might just be the sweetest being ever. We have been learning a lot together and we've had so much fun! She is such a great example to me...I feel like she is the one training ME. She is always looking for ways to improve, setting goals, and working sooooo hard. I love it! What an awesome week! I AM SO GRATEFUL!

We have seen the miracles flowing in this week. Every single one of our appointments fell through...every one. haha but It was totally meant to be. We were lead to those appointments to be in the right place at the right time. We were lead to people who we needed to see...that we originally hadn't planned on seeing. I love the quote, "Things don't have to be going "right" to be Good". That's this week in a nutshell. Heavenly Father has a bigger plan than what we have for our self. I think this is so true in our daily life too...things may not go how we think they should- but they happen for a reason, because we are all in God's hands. 

Sister Luo is a natural. I have "proud mommy moments" all the time;) She amazes me. It's so inspired that she is in this area too because we have so many awesome Chinese people! Especially I*- they hit it off and are best friends. This will be AWESOME because Sister Luo will be able to explain things in Chinese when I* needs it. 

Cool experience: It was Sister Luo's first time tracting and we tracted into a Chinese lady...guess who did the whole restoration BY HERSELF in Chinese! haha I was so proud! She said she just followed the spirit and bore her testimony. And I could feel the spirit so strong. It was awesome! This sweet lady is at a perfect place for the Gospel in her life. She has so much potential. I'm so excited to work with her and see how much the Gospel can bless her life.

Ok i'll explain the tornadoes :) We didn't have any here... BUT there was one in Zionsville and also Plainfield...CRAZY! We got a TONNNN of rain...it was fun to see the streets fill up with water super fast! Twas an eventful week:) 

**From an email to Mama B...The tornado warning siren was so scary...it sounded like 10 firetrucks hahaha They have drills sometimes so I knew what it was! We were close to the church and I was tempted to go camp out there for protection haha;)



We also got the awesome opportunity to work in the Temple again! I love the Temple so much! The peace that the Temple brings is so amazing...I'm so grateful to have the Temple in my area! 


I'm so grateful for this Gospel. It truly brings happiness. I know 100% that Heavenly Father is there for us and will provide a way for us. He knows every single one of our needs and with Him, anything is possible. 

Love you!
Love, Sister Burgon*
*Only first initial used

A few more pictures...
Good bye friends!
Twinning with S. Miles before she was transferred.
Service at St. Marks Church packed 41,000 packages of rice to send to Guatemala. GOOD DAY!
Chinese Selfie!!!