Monday, May 16, 2016

MORONI 7:33

Hey howdy Hey! What a fantastic week:) 

We are seeing miracles my my my. We were walking out of a lesson with a Bermese guy and right outside of his apt was a lady standing outside smoking and playing with her kids. We started talking to her and she thought it was SO COOL that we were missionaries. She asked if we could come inside. When we went in, she poured her heart out about how she is in a really dark place right now and how her marriage is struggling and how she wants to stop using drugs and strengthen her family and bring her kids up in a church and become clean of her sins, etc, etc, etc. It took everything in me to not teach all 5 lessons right there haha. We talked to her about how we can all be forgiven of our sins and start over...which led into baptism. She kept saying "I really need to do this" "I'm ready to change" "I really want to do this". Talk about softened heart right? I can't believe we literally crossed paths too. She accepted a baptismal date in June and is already working so hard to change. She even came to church!:) I just kept picturing her in the Relief Society with a calling...she fits right in:) Her name is S*...she kept saying to me, "You look so familiar, I just really feel like I've seen you before" haha I seriously think we have seen each other before S*...let me tell you about the plan of salvation;) (jk I didn't say that) But this is cool stuff people. I'm just so amazed how much the Gospel truly does bless our lives. 

AT THE BAPTISM!!!
You know it's a good week when you get to see S. Miles and S. Hamilton :)

Some other highlights of the week: We went to a baptism for the Westfield missionaries and I got to see soooo many of my sweet mission friends. That was so fun! All of us missionaries (there was about 16-20 who came) sang Come Unto Christ. Holy cow...the spirit was so strong. I will always remember that moment. It was so powerful to be standing there with some awesome missionaries, at a baptism, singing about Christ. Pooowwwwerrrrffffuuuulllll!

We also had the opportunity to help out at an assisted living center. I seriously love those people! I talked to a lady who was 102 years old! WOW. We painted their nails, made them cotton candy, and served food while they watched some country dancing. :)

4 MONTHS!!!!
And the craziest part...I hit 4 months this week....where did that month go? Insane! I can honestly say that I absolutely LOVEEEE my mission and being a missionary. I'm so grateful to be here! I know that this is not me...at all! It's amazing to be an instrument in God's hands. So SO So so grateful!


"And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me 
ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me."
Moroni 7:33

Love you! 
Love Sister Burgon*

Pretty Indiana
A few additional Selfie's...


I LOVE this girl!!!

Photo Bomb?

Can you name that restaurant?

Still can't believe it's been 4 months!!!
Please notice S. Luo's camera...I'm not the only one that enjoys taking selfies!!! haha
Face Palm! Fail!!
'til next week then...
Love you! Love, Sister Burgon