Monday, July 18, 2016

JUST CALL ME COWGIRL

HHOWWWDDDYYYYYYY :) 
Hope you all had a fantastic week! I can't believe we are in mid July...please enjoy every day for me ok? Thanks:)  What a fun week! 

We got transfer calls this week...I am going to be serving on Campus! AHHH :) I'm so excited! Campus will be completely different than what I'm use to, but I'm super pumped for a new adventure! My companion is Sister Stucki and this will be her last transfer! I have a lot to learn from her! My life is about to ch ch chaaaange!! I've heard it has a really small town feel to it...some people call it exile...haha just call me cowgirl Burgon! :) Good things to come! And it doesn't matter where we serve, just matters that we serve WELL! :) EEPP!

This week we had specialized training for all the new missionaries. It was President Carlson's first one and I thought it was amazing! Nothing like receiving guidance and training from your mission president and APs...they are all inspired. It's so cool how revelation can come to us as we are listening to them. I also saw a bunch of sisters that I came out with! Can't believe it's been 6 months. Time flies when you're having fun;)


Sorry, I have to be quick today BUT cool experience....one morning during my studies, I was reading about the Atonement and experiences about Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon. Later that day we went to visit the Reverend. When we got there, he was a mess...he's been having terrible health issues lately and didn't feel good at all. His wife was there with us this time and immediately the scriptures from my studies came to my mind. How applicable it was, I had read about Christ healing the sick and carrying the pains we feel in life through the Atonement, and I was so touched that I could share that message with the Reverend when he really needed it. I know that Heavenly Father was reminding him that he is not alone. Christ knows exactly what he was feeling. Through our faith in Him, we will see miracles. Just as Christ did, healing the sick, on the earth. Pretty cool how Heavenly Father has His hand in every moment of every day, leading us to do His work, His way...even during studies :) 

Thanks for all the love and support, how blessed am I to have you! What a crazy world we live in lately, but what a strong and powerful Heavenly Father we have. I'm reminded of the 2,000 stripling warriors who, because of their preparation, righteousness, diligence, and obedience, were able to overcome the wicked. I know that if we prepare, are righteous, diligent and obedient to ALL of God's commandments, we will be able to overcome this wicked world. Simple as that:) 
"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him."
~Alma 53:20-21
Have a great week!!

XOXO
Love, Sister Burgon*
Saying goodbye and a few more pics from the week...
Winter in JULY????
Nope! The AMAZING S. Krieger makes a hat and a scarf for all of the missionaries! So SWEET!!!
After our EPIC Volleyball tourney last Pday!
Cute S. Simmons....I LOVE HER!!!
With some of my six month sistas
Saying goodbye to our sweet friends at the "old folks home"...I even got to keep an "old folks" robe! YAY
The AMAZING crew at the old folks home! I love them too!!
I've decided goodbyes are NOT fun!!!
I'm sure going to miss this group of WONDER-FULL...BEAUTY-FULL...Thought-full Young Women! 
And this lady right here...Sweet "S" and her adorable little ones (see photo at the top of the post)
but most of all...this extra-ordinarily AMAZING sister from mainland China will always have a special place in my heart! FOREVER and ALWAYS!!!! Love you Sister Luo! XOXO
 'til we meet again...