Monday, July 11, 2016

WHIP CREAM & CORNFIELDS

Howdyyyy everyone!! 
Fastest week ever...my goodness! 
But a great one of course:)

This week we met President and Sister Carlson and I JUST LOVE THEM!! I'm so excited to get to know them better! They are wonderful. We talked about doing things with a full purpose of heart, with real intent! How cool that that was their first training. 


We also blitzed our area with the STL's this week. Talk about fun! We saw lots of miracles too! Plus I just love our STLs. That's one of the best things about a mission...so many friends and great people! 


We also got to go to girls camp!!! We gave some training and it was the best experience. I absolutely love the young women! We talked about relying on the Lord, having fun, and seeing miracles:) We even somehow tactfully managed to include whip cream in our training...I think the young women appreciated the messy faces:) haha I should have gotten pix...it was pretty funny!


MIRACLE MOMENT: Probably one of my most favorite tracting moments happened this week. We decided to just tract one more door...even though the elders told us it was time to go and to meet at the car...haha. GOOD THING WE DISOBEYED ;) A guy named "J" opened up. "J" has a reeeeallyyyy good LDS friend who lives in the Fishers ward. Because of this friend, "J" has gone to church, played church ball, gone to a MoTab concert, researched about Joseph Smith, has read parts of the BoM, and talked to an LDS member on a plane flight for 3 hours because he saw her San Diego Temple screen saver on her phone. OH and he's moving RIGHT next to the church and temple. Um...is he prepared or what? We testified to him how all of these things were not coincidences and he agreed and asked us to come back! We were blowwnnn away! I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has been preparing him and placing all these moments in his life and then leading us to him! I've said it a billion times...but this is not our work!!!!!! SO COOL! And the whole time I also enjoyed feeling the phone go off in my bag...sorry elders....

Can't believe this will be my last week with Sister Luo and my last week in Carmel! SO SAD!! I have absolutely loved every moment here. I can't wait to see whats next! I feel so blessed! :)

Thanks so much for all the love and support! 
"Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."  ~Ether 3:14 

Have a great week! 
Love, Sister Burgon*
Tune in next week to see where my next adventure will take me...