Monday, November 28, 2016

EVEN AS I AM

Hello Erybody!!!*
What an awesome week! 
I hope you all had the best Thanksgiving. 
That was definitely a special day as a missionary. 
We have so much to be grateful for. 
What an amazing time of year! 

 This week was so fun. Students were home for Christmas break and Campus was closed so we got to do some work with the ward, service, and creative finding:) To start the week off, we had TRANSFERS!!!! We drove down with sweet Sister Foster and got to pass all the mission vehicles who were holding up traffic on the freeway because of Tiwi (our safe-driving enforcer, it doesn't let us speed) I absolutely love transfers....seeing all my dear missionary friends makes my life. I love my fellow mission buddies!! 

Once we got there, all the new missionaries were talking with Sister Carlson and we got TO MEET THEM!! It made me freak out to think that one of them was my sweet trainee...my second daughter:) Then president just introduces us to each other as trainer/trainee. hahaha I freaked out!!! My sweet new companion is Sister Kammerman, and believe it or not, we were in the same stake when I was at college! She is my height, blonde, loves to sing, and loves life....we are going to get along great! haha I love her already, we've had the funnest week! She is absolutely amazing, so strong, and veryyyy prepared. We are bringing music/singing into the work too! Especially around Christmas time....crazy how music can bring such a powerful spirit! 


This week we met with some of the recent converts of the YSA and taught them and had some of the most powerful experiences. We had a lesson planned for them, but once we started teaching, the spirit told us to change what we had planned. It was truly very humbling and powerful. I was blessed to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for His children. That is a feeling that I cherish so much. Heavenly Father loves you SO MUCH...I promise :) Romans 8:38-39
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,  
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
One of my favorite things is to listen to is conference talks as I get ready in the morning. This week, I re-listened to an amazing one, "My Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. He asks a very important question. He says that we are saved by grace, but then asks, "Have you been changed by grace?" I love this thought...have we let our testimony and knowledge of our Savior change us? "When we choose to follow Christ, we choose to be changed." I know that we can be changed by grace everyday. 

The Christmas initiative is out now mormon.org ! Give it a watch. I know it is so inspired. Christ is the light in a dark world. As we share His light, we can light the world together, touching many lives as He has. Moroni 7:45-48. 
"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and enviethnot, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."

This season, I am going to strive to be more like my Savior, always looking/praying for people to serve. We are His hands on earth. 


"Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? 
Verily I say unto you, even as I am." 
~3 Nephi 27:27

Love you guys! Thanks for all the love and support! I am feeling so very blessed!

xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*

pix: my sweet new darling daughter 

Welcome to the area S. Kammerman



Stay warm and safe in all that snow!!!
See you next week!!!*