Monday, November 21, 2016

FORMER MIRACLES

Hello!!
Happy Thanksgiving Week!!!*

I'm sure grateful for this season to remember how we are SO blessed!! Grateful for YOU! 

This was a fantastic week! We saw miracles and got to do tons of cool service projects too, which is always a favorite of mine.
"WAIT...WHAT?!"
SHOCKED...CONFUSED...TRANSFER CALL FACES
Before I start, we got transfer calls this weekend and oh my my...transfer fate is always so unexpected. We were SHOCKED!! Dying to find out, okay...I'll tell you. Sister Ben will be LEAVING and going to be companions with my MTC companion, Sister Nuttall. And I will be STAYING HERE and TRAINING a new sister again!! AHHHHH:):) I'm so excited!!!!! I can't believe I get this awesome opportunity again and I just can't wait to meet this sweet new sister. She's coming to the best mission...best campus....best ward...best YSA.....ahhh i'm just so excited. That means I will be here for at least 7 1/2 months, good thing I love this place so much:) Our whole zone is changing a lot which is super sad, we've made some really awesome friendships here, but now we will get to meet new friends:) I have seen Heavenly Father preparing us this week for this change and I know that it will be an amazing experience with His help. D&C 64:33
"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
We saw miracles this week in the work. We were texting many people and felt like we should reach out to some old investigators who we've lost contact with or who had some struggles and needed a break from being taught. Turned out to be amazing lessons both times and we are going to start teaching and working with them again!! Promptings are too cool, and the outcome of when you follow them is even cooler. How humbling!! I definitely felt the help of the Holy Ghost in those lessons, prompting us on what to say to help them the most. I don't know what we would do without the help of the Holy Ghost. 

We also had the awesome opportunity to volunteer at the NCAA Cross Country Finals this weekend which was a hiiiiiighlight!! It was such a fun event and we even saw/met with the BYU team! It was so awesome to see familiar faces from good ol Utah!!!! That night, we went to a fireside with the team and I was so touched by their testimonies and reliance on the Lord for help and strength. And, bonus, they did fantastic at finals!! Go BYU :) 

"A"s Lesson was amazing this week. When we started talking to him, the spirit prompted me that we needed to teach something different than what we had planned. It was just what he needed and It was such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father knows us best. The Spirit was super strong in the lesson, and at one point he stopped and shared a thought of something he needed to do. We were able to help him see that it was a prompting from the Holy Ghost and that it was important to follow it. So cool to see him progress each week and see him learn how to rely on the spirit and recognize promptings.
"H" is also doing wonderful. This week we asked him what the three parts to the Atonement were (Gethsemane, on the Cross, and being Resurrected) and he quickly responded, "Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial" haha we got a good laugh from it, but I'm super impressed with his memory. He's 9!!!! Nice job "H" you're doing good buddy! haha
A great week that was great because of the promptings of the spirit! I know it is not only important, but totally vital that we seek the spirit, recognize the promptings that come, then quickly act on them. If we do, miracles come! So grateful to have that guidance, comfort, discernment, and confirmation that comes from the spirit. It's truly called the GIFT of the Holy Ghost for a reason. That's a gift from Heavenly Father that I know I take for granted too often. Seek the spirit this week, I know you will feel a difference and notice an impact all around you. 

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." ~D&C 84:88

Love you! xoxo Have a Happy Thanksgiving week! (and a action-packed black Friday. lol)
Love, Sister Burgon*

PIX: 

oh the things you see on campus , , 


 h💙m e
 the last district pic
crossing the train tracks

 NCAA cross country service

Good Bye my sweet Sister Ben!!!