Monday, April 18, 2016

April 13 = 3 MONTHS...wuuut!!!!

Aloha;) 

I feel like "Aloha" is very fitting for this week...because I felt like I was on a tropical island all week! We're talking high 70's here people....holy gorgeous. I'm even getting that awesome missionary short-sleeve tan line...good stuff:) 


ANYWAYS...this week was awesome! It seems like everyday had something exciting! We had so many meetings this week...which I love! I always feel so spiritually uplifted after. Tuesday we had a combined district meeting and we all brought food and had a buffet after. Wednesday we had a "Sisters Retreat" where the STLs gave a bunch of awesome trainings and crafts. We talked about DOTS...Depending On The Savior. It was awesome to share our testimonies and be uplifted by each other. It was also my THREE MONTH MARK! Wow....totally insane! I'm just beyond grateful for the experiences I've been able to have so far. It's been the best thing ever and I can't wait to keep on going and see what's ahead. Being a missionary is the best. My testimony has been strengthened so much. This church is so true. 



DOTS...Depending On The Savior

On Thursday we went and visited some previous investigators that we haven't seen for a while. We have tried stopping by but they have never been home. Well guess what. THEY WERE HOME! Turns out the past little bit has been really hard for them. They've had deaths in the family and a lot of trials have come up in their lives. We were able to talk to them about the Plan of Salvation and the peace that the Atonement brings to us. One of them, K*, has committed to be baptized on May 21! We were so excited! I can't wait to really see the change in him as the Gospel blesses his life so much! So many miracles this day! Also...gotta love that awkward moment when you accidentally tract into a members home....hahaha they let us right in and we quickly found out that they were members...in our ward...oops:) 

Saturday we got to go to Crossroads again! We had a church open-house. It's the same idea as a Temple Open-House where you go room to room and learn about what we believe. Such an awesome way for people to learn and feel the spirit so strong! Unfortunately we didn't have a lot of people come so we went outside and did some Personal Contacting on the streets to tell people about the open house. That was super fun...we discovered that PC-ing is a lot easier in Crossroads than it is in Carmel haha.

Crazy-this is the last week in the transfer! I finished training this week as well! I can't believe how fast time is going! I think that's why it's super important to enjoy every single day:) I'm so grateful for the emphasis that was on the Atonement this week! I know the Atonement covers more than our sins. Through Jesus Christ we can be healed of anything. The Gospel truly brings blessings and happiness! 3 Nephi 27:21, 28

Love you!
xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon

A few more pics...

Holdin' Hoosier Hens

I call her "Little Red"

Service this week: Pass out water cups during a marathon!!! 



We found a bigger mountain. YAY!!!
Three Months!!! :o)