Monday, April 25, 2016

I GOT NEWWWWWS!!!!


Hello Everyone:) 

I have some exciting news!! But we'll save that for the end:) 


THIS WEEK WAS A WEEK OF MIRACLES!!! It was the last week that Sister Perkins and I will be together! SO sad....but I couldn't ask for a better week to finish off strong with. First off...I got driving privileges this week haha so it was super fun to drive again and cruise around in our Subaru:) Simple pleasures! Earlier this week we blitzed an area with the spanish elders and found SO MANY solid new investigators. It was the best day. We would find spanish people for them and they would find english people and send them to us. I think I can introduce myself in spanish now:) woo. 

Gonna miss this girl!!! BEST TRAINER/Sister/Missionary/Friend Ever!!!
Sister's by chance, Friends by choice!!!

And of course you can expect crazy things happening when you tract so much...my my my. We met the craziest, coolest people ever. We met one guy who was just dancing in his own little world...he had great moves. Then we also had a car full of Arabian teenage boys hold up traffic to ask us for our number out the car window....I gave them our missionary number...we now have a referral to give to the elders hehe. Then we met a guy who was spray painting his huge van-he said he is an artist. We introduced ourselves from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and he replied, "Well you just got yourselves a new member"...We were thinking..."We haven't even taught you yet or anything...you already want to join?" Well sure enough...he came to church yesterday and said he wants to be baptized haha. WHAT? We will see how this plays out...he's hilarious. We also had another one of our investigators come to church yesterday...we've been trying to get him to come for a while now! HE FINALLY CAME YAY:) His name is M*! 

We also found out that our zone's miles got cut short for the month so we've had to get creative. We've walked so much this week and honestly I love it! I think it's so fun! The members have been so helpful at giving us rides too! This ward is seriously the best! 

Awesome Ward Members

Meet Brother Brigham...Best Ward Mission Leader Ever!

More Amazing Ward Members

Ok Ok I can't help it! Exciting news: 

We got transfer calls this week...I will be staying in C* and 

TRAINING A NEW SISTER FROM MAINLAND CHINA!! EEEPPP:) WHAT??? 

I am so so so so so humbled....I'm completely 100% inadequate to train...I just finished MY training! But I know that we are in God's hands, this is His work, and He WILL provide a way for us. I can't wait to meet her and learn from her! We will be the CaucASIAN companionship:) This will be so awesome for I* too! They can speak Chinese with each other! I love her so much already! As President told me the news, I was completely overcome with the spirit and with peace. I know that He has a plan for us. This past week has been totally prepared for this as well. We found so many new investigators so our upcoming week is totally packed with lessons and plans. That will help me ease into the swing of things. I'm just so humbled. So I will be in C* for 6 months:) I love it here so that's good news haha. If you have training advice...please send it my way:) Ready or not, here we go:) Moses 6:31-34. 

I know that God is there, He loves us, and He is aware of everyone and their needs.
"I can do ALL things through Christ, 
which strengtheneth me!"
Philippians 4:13

xoxoxoxo
Love, Sister Burgon
*Only first initial used


A word from Mama B:

Sister Burgon forgot to mention in her email that her entire district except for E. Stout and all of the sisters will be transferred out of the area. These are all her besties. She is excited for their new adventures but sad to have them leave. She is excited to meet the newbies and become friends with more missionaries.
Last District Meeting

My girls!

S. Hamblin
S. Miles
Goodbye My Friends...til we meet again....Hamblin, Miles, Perkins