Monday, October 10, 2016

ALMA 26:35

 "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
Hello my homies:) I hope this week was a good one! We had another great one here! A lot of students were on fall break, or busy with mid-terms, so it was a little less-busy for us...but we still had some awesome lessons and cool experiences. ALSO we had transfer calls and I am STAYING in Terre Haute! YAY I'm so excited to be heeerree! I love this place so much! 

We met with a guy named "M" who we taught for the first time last week. He came to the lesson and said, "I didn't realize that Joseph Smith was actually modern day!...I really want to learn more about this!" haha Good realization..and YES we will teach you more:) He was glued the rest of the lesson and super excited to get a copy of the Book of Mormon. I LOVE it when it just clicks with people! It's gotta be one of the coolest moments as a missionary :) 

We have been so blessed to have so many teaching appointments, that we don't have too much time to find. BUT last week we were able to PC for a little bit and we found a really cool girl named "G". She was excited to meet and actually said after the lesson that it was an answer to prayers. It's been so fun to see our current investigators progress and for our new ones to be so excited about learning more! Just feeling sooooo blessed! 

Our stake President held his 25th annual Pig Roast and invited our entire zone to go! It was so much fun. Between the beautiful fall weather, the enormous trees and all the food you can imagine...it was definitely a highlight of the week:) They had a massive bonfire, a tractor ride, and other fun games. SO much fun! I'll attach some pix:) 

This week I have been studying a lot on the commandments and the blessings that come from diligently keeping them! It's amazing how the blessings are always so much grater than the sacrifice of keeping the actual commandment. I can clearly see that these commandments are great opportunities for us to receive blessings and draw closer to our Heavenly Father. How blessed are we that Heavenly Father has given us this direction for our life. "Yea, we have reason to praise him forever" :) Also...I love this scripture:
"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." ~Mosiah 7:33
The church is so very very true.

LOVE YOU! Have a wonderful week!

xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*





Have a wonderful week!!!!