Monday, October 24, 2016

M I R A C L E S


HEY!! What a week!!!

I have to be quick so I will share one highlight, but it was another great, miraculous week! :)

Highlight: We were working with "A" a lot this week and HOLY COW....this kid has just made a complete 180:) I'm so amazed at his diligence, and he's seen blessings because of it! His baptism was amazing! Everything came together and it just turned out great. There was such a powerful spirit and it was so cool to see him so excited. After he was baptized, he bore his testimony and I was amazed. He cried the whole time and I'm pretty sure no one could deny the spirit that was there. Even our investigators that came said it was a powerful experience for them too. Afterwards, "A" just glowed. One of my favorite moments is to hear, when he is being confirmed, "receive the Holy Ghost"... AMAZING! He has this light in his eyes, he is a new person. We went to dinner together as a group after the baptism and he said, "Look at us, the Mormon clan" haha we all died. Excited for all the wonderful things that are coming his way. This gospel is a huge blessing. What a humbling experience to be a small part of. It's just a huge testimony to me that Heavenly Father will mold us into the person He has in-visioned for us if we let Him. 

"And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow pathwould ask if all is doneBehold, say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to saveWherefore, ye must press forward with steadfastnessin Christ, having perfect brightness of hopeand loveof God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal lifeAnd now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the wayand there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Fatherand of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one Godwithout end. Amen." ~2 Nephi 31:19-21

So grateful to be a missionary here, this is truly a wonderful experience. I know that this church is Christ's true church on the earth, and that it brings true and everlasting happiness. I have seen the Lord's hand in our week and I am so grateful for His love.

Thank you so much for all the support! xoxo

Love, Sister Burgon*

"A's" Baptism
I've been out NINE!!!! months!!!!
President Interviews

Autumn in Beauty-full Indiana

Press Forward...See y'all next week!