Monday, October 17, 2016

{ HUMP DAY } { HALF WAY }

Hello!!! 
What an awesome week! 
I hope it has been amazing for you all! 

I came across an INCREDIBLE scripture this week...I'm making it my theme:
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, & I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; Yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my JOY." ~Alma 29:9 
I also hit my 9 month mark, so this week I have been reflecting on my mission, on my personal testimony and conversion, and the Hand of the Lord in my life. It's safe to say that I am just completely humbled at the love and grace that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I can't put into words my gratitude and my testimony. I know that Heavenly Father is there, completely aware and that this church is 100% true. I'm so grateful for the many experiences that I have had to help me grow, I've got a long way to go, but I am excited to grow more with the Lord. SO grateful to have at least 9 months more to go. It's going fast, and I'm sure loving every second of it. This is a time I will cherish forever.


OK SORRY...I'm so out of time...but this week was wonderful. It included getting stuck in a complete downpour and then an investigator showing up with an umbrella big enough for 3, life-saving hot chocolate for freezing cold mornings, showing up in the right place at the right time to meet incredible people that I know Heavenly Father put in our path, putting anti-Mormon views to rest and feeling the spirit confirm truth to us, seeing prayer work mighty miracles in humble, comfort-seeking college students, and scratching old ladies backs at nursing homes because they ask...let's not talk about it....hahaha. OH we also got to volunteer at the Griffin Bike Park opening, which was way too fun! I'm loving fall, everything is gorgeous. 




"A" is READY. His baptism will be this Saturday. What a journey. It's just a testimony that Heavenly Father guides His children when they are ready; He prepares them, walks by them, and gives them trials to mold them into the person He created them to be. He never ever leaves them, but lets them learn on their own. His hand is in our lives more than we can see. SO EXCITED FOR HIM. "A" shared the most amazing and humble testimony this week in his lesson, he was crying and my heart was bursting. This dude is amazing. 

At church, one of our amazing YSA's gave a talk and said something SO touching. He said that when he got back from his mission, his Stake President told him, "Tell your mission stories for 6 months, then get new stories." haha Meaning, seek new testimony building experiences. Don't stop! Keep growing! He talked about the way to do this is to be anxiously engaged. Are we just going through the motions? Or are we seeking experiences to have our testimony strengthened. This was awesome for me to hear, I always need to evaluate my missionary efforts to be more anxiously engaged. But it's so applicable to all of us. If we are anxiously engaged, we will have new stories to share, we will grow closer to Heavenly Father and see growth in us. 

"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged
 in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness" ~D&C 58:27

Thanks for listening to my rambling :) Hope you are all amazing! Sorry for not responding to emails this week, but know that I appriciate them SO MUCH! Love ya

xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*





Go...bring to pass much righteousness!!
See y'all next week