Monday, July 31, 2017

CALLED TO SERVE

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! 

This was a fantastic week...
and a fantastic week at that. haha 

We got to go on such a great exchange with Sister Cannon and Peterson, who have become just such great friends and I LOVE. 

We got to serve at the Bishop's storehouse and I was overwhelmed at the joy that comes from getting lost in service. We had an incredible lesson with someone where we took a step back on difficult questions and learned together how to find answers by the spirit. We were prompted to teach something totally different to C___ than we had planned-repentance and forgiveness. It was incredibly powerful and I was so touched at the power of change that comes from My Savior, Jesus Christ. I've learned that repentance is such a blessing and is only because of Jesus Christ that we CAN be better than who we are today. 


We were able to teach S_____ with Elder Gillman and Elder Shaw at the temple about all the blessings of the Restoration that we have today. We are apart of a living restoration, and the blessings will continue and never stop. 

We also had the privilege of teaching M_____ how to be a good home teacher. He became my "companion", we studied, prepared a lesson, and taught Sister Gray on the importance of families in a roll play. We were blown away at his testimony and just felt the joy of his sweet spirit. 


SO many great things this week...We were able to go to zone conference and step back to look at the fact that we are helping the Restoration roll forward each and every day. I got to sit across from my sweet mission President for the last time and feel of his love and listen to his advice. I was able to share my testimony in church and reflect on how truly inspired this work really is. HOW GRATEFUL am I that I've been able to play a small part in it. 


And this morning we got to go contacting on campus....and awkwardly turn around to go back to a guy we had just passed...because the spirit said to...only to find out that he completely needed the gospel today. 

I can't believe that my time here in Indiana is up! I will forever be grateful for this mission. It has been more than I ever imagined and I know that all the good that I saw was from God. I am so grateful to trusted by Him as an instrument in this work. And I'm even more grateful that that will continue even after this week:) ahhhhh that's good...very good. Because man, does this work make me happy. It must be true or something you know?

So although all these experiences, feelings, emotions, and witnesses that I feel, can't really be explained in words, I just want to share that I know without a doubt that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is here in it's fullness. I know that Jesus Christ is the only way to everlasting happiness here, and in the life to come. I know that with Him, you can overcome any trial or challenge you face, and grow from it. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us specifically and that He has a perfect plan that will always work out in the end. I've learned so many lessons in the past 18 months, but simply, all I can just say to sum it all up...is that I know that it is true. :) 

"Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell. Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work. Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:14-16

Thanks for the love, support and prayers! See you soon!! xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*



PIX:  
More from Zone Conference...play a little game...
I like to call it "Where's Sista B?"




 FOREVER Friends...and sometimes twins!





 The Branch Missionary Crew...
My pal, Rick, the campus bus driver....


Thanks for the love, support and prayers! 
See you soon!! xoxo
Love, Sister Burgon*