Monday, July 3, 2017

FISHERS OF MEN....

I've always loved the idea of being "fishers of men"...but this week they found a body in the White River...right after we figured out that our random surprise-visitors at church last Sunday were actually wanted and on a homicide watch...then fishers of men took on a new meaning to me....too soon?...you're right, it was bad, sorry. 



HEY EVERYONE:) 
We had a grrrrrrreat week! 

We got to go on exchanges with Sister Burton and Forseth. I got to be with thee lovely Sister Forseth again, and there is NEVER a dull moment when we go on exchange together. These Sisters are incredible. When we were tracting, we passed an apartment complex that looked totally empty, like no one was home, BUT I had a prompting to knock a certain door...so we did. A sweet young mom, A_____, opens up, just super happy with thee CUTEST kids. We got to have an amazing conversation about how families can be together forever with the priesthood authority. She wanted us to come back for a lesson and lunch next week. As we left she told the kids, "can you remember their names? They're going to come back to visit!!". It was just incredible because we originally thought that no one was home! Heavenly Father teaches me again and again that you truly can't judge a book by its cover :) and thank goodness He does.

This week in our lesson with M_____, we learned about the Plan of Salvation, and the reaccuring theme of missionary work throughout every phase of the plan. He was happy to tell us that he had been a missionary to some friends that asked him about his religion and his faith. He said it was easy to explain because he believes it!!!! SO COOL. GO FUTURE ELDER M_____!!

exciting news...dun da daaaa!!! I finished reading the Book of Mormon again!! I just love that book so much!! I took Moroni's promise to "read, pray, ask God, and then know" if it is true. Although I felt the truth of it throughout the book as I read, I was excited to receive yet another confirmation from Heavenly Father. I asked in prayer, then later found my answer in a scripture that I was randomly lead to. It simply said, "you know that they are true". And at that moment of pure simplicity, the spirit touched my heart and I couldn't deny that I had received my confirmation to my question in prayer. I KNOW THAT THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE WORD OF GOD. And I sure know that God answers us in powerfully simple ways. 

This tender moment became SUPER special later that day during a lesson. We were teaching a guy for the second time. He had some skepticism about the Book of Mormon and modern prophets, so we invited him to go home and to try it out for himself; to read the Book of Mormon and pray and see what he thought. He came back and said that he felt that the Book of Mormon was false after reading only one chapter of it. The experience that I had just had, came into my mind and my heart was touched. I knew it was true. With all my heart I knew it. We were able to share with him that we know it, and the spirit was extremely strong. These are the moments I will never forget. 
"Behold, I have manifested unto you, by my Spirit in many instances, that the things which you have written are true; wherefore you know that they are true." D&C 18:2
Love, Sister Burgon*

ps: B____ GOT BAPTIZED YAY

PIX: INDY beauty!!!!! (and one more of the crime scene)







Have a steller 4th of July y'all!!!!!!