Monday, July 24, 2017

DEAR ARE THE SHEEP OF HIS FOLD

 Hey friends!! 
MAN this week went by faassttttt. 
It was an awesome week too, ready for it?:)


SO once upon a day, we had an exchange....and then got asked to go help another set of sisters out...the same day....SO we did a DOUBLE EXCHANGE  in one day...is that even allowed...or possible. You betcha. It was so much fun. And I love these sisters, so it was a good day, crazy day:)


C____ got to go to the TEMPLE this week!! She was in HEAVEN and just loved every minute of it. She said it brought back all the memories of her baptism too. It was so cool to see her make it FINALLY, something she's wanted for so long. She's doing amazing and even being taught by her home teachers too. And she's set up appointments with the ward for her job, so she's just getting to know lots of people and fitting right in. I sure love her. I've decided there's nothing like recent convert fire...its up there with greenie fire...but it's all great-so I'm happy :) haha

Ch___ is still doing awesome! He has been overcoming family criticism and decided that he feels the spirit at church and when he is reading/learning, so that is the spirit that he is going to follow. Super proud of him for following the much "harder right". He's made it to 2 Nephi- this guy is crazy cool!! 

Ok get ready for a miracle day- So we decided to not go to campus on Friday, because its been so dead, so we took some names of people in the YSA and went hunting:) We decided to go visit a YSA girl, and instead got her mom greeting us very warmly at the door. She kept saying, "hurry come in, its hot out, hurry" Turns out that this mom is a convert to the church and served in just about every calling, helped the missionaries every single day, was sealed in the Temple, and then ran into some trials in her life. She is no longer a member, but she said "I know in my heart the truth, and I know I will be back". She told us her powerful story and bore testimony and I've never felt such immediate love from a stranger before. But now I feel like her faith is just life changing to me. She talked about how she would be back soon, and I KNOW without a doubt that Heavenly Father lead us to her that day. 

Some may think that we are called as missionaries to help and impact the people. But I've found that I am called here, and more than anything, these people help and have made a lasting impact on ME!!! I feel as though Heavenly Father lets us see them through His eyes and feel just a small piece of the love that He has for them, and it's something that I will ALWAYS be grateful for. Just that small taste reaffirms to me that WE ARE LOVED, so so so very loved.

We had another cool member tell us how he has had the desire to come back, to change, to repent, and to let God back in his life, to be active again. Another sister said that she wants to literally change everything she is doing in her life to get on track to go on a mission-she has been one that no one has been in contact with for a very long time, but here she comes. I am just so amazed, a lot of times we think that many have wandered just too far, but there really is no place the Savior can't go to find them and bring them back. He really is the "Good Shepherd".
"Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you. Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall."
D&C 50:40-44

Love, Sister Burgon*

pix: S. Gray made it back to Nottingham...

 amazing picture painted with toothpicks!!!!

 The Crazy District...




#twinningiswinning :)

When your cute compie comp decides to wear a sweater on the HOTTEST day EVER!!!

Have a GREAT week!!!!